Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Coexist? Hah

Sorry the posts have been few and far between over the past week. Life is just crazy right now, we've had birthday festivities, and work has been extra demanding, requiring some significant evening hours. Hopefully that'll change soon, at least.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post a quick thought about a bumper sticker that I keep seeing here and there that looks something like this:


While I understand the sentiment, there's just one problem here. The religion represented by one of those symbols has this little thing where they require everyone to either convert to their religion...or die.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem like much of a coexistence to me.

When I see this bumper sticker on someone's car, I really have to wonder if they can even name the religions (or believe systems) represented here, much less what each one is really all about. Somehow I doubt it, or they wouldn't be quite so taken with such a self-disproving slogan.

No comments:

Post a Comment