Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Official: 20/20 is back!

It's been about a month since I had my eyes sliced and fried, so it was time for the follow-up visit last week.  Sure enough, my vision is officially back to 20/20 now.  Woo-hoo!  There was still a bit of fuzziness in the left eye at further distances, but it's been behind on the healing process the whole time, so I guess that's not really very surprising.  As I mentioned before, the right eye was good to go within 24 hours, but the left took considerably longer.  If I had to peg it to a particular timeframe, the fuzziness stopped being noticeable around 3-3.5 weeks.  At this point, I get to see some interestingly pretty rainbow effects around lights at night, but really not even enough of that to be distracting.  I rode the Mamba at Worlds of Fun last week and my eyeballs didn't pop, so I guess all is well with 'normal' activity now, too.  :)

All in all, I'd say the slice-and-fry was a complete success!

An added bonus for me is that I have very little of the post-Lasik itchiness/dryness that seems to afflict a lot of people.  I get it a bit in the morning, and sometimes late at night, but that's about it.  It could be just normal tiredness, too, of course.  Whatever, it's nothing significant, and that's what counts.  After wearing glasses for so long, it's still kind of amazing and shocking to be able to actually recognize people's faces at a distance rather than identifying them by a combination of body structure and walking movement.  Sweet!

PS - Sorry for the lack of posts over the past few days.  I just got my new computer, so between the transfer of data and applications from one to the other and exercising the new beast to see how it performs, I haven't made much time for blogging.  That should get back to normal this week, as the transition is pretty much done now.  If anyone is looking to purchase a used (but still in great condition) Alienware M15X, let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment